This is the gear I keep in my bag about 98% of the time. This picture isn't a true reflection of my photography style, but on this particular day, I was stuck indoors and had to throw something together. One of these days I will pack my bag and shoot this outdoors like I had envisioned with a cute little setup. *I have a newly acquired Tamron 28-75mm, 2.8 lens that isn't pictured above. I haven't had the chance to use it enough to review it just yet, but am so excited to add it to my lineup of lenses!
1. Canon 60D - Yes, I am still on a crop sensor camera. I love this camera so much!! I have the battery grip attached as well because I just love how much more substantial it feels in my hand. It really helps balance the weight of the 70-200mm 2.8; that lens is a beast! One day I will upgrade to the coveted Canon 5D Mark III, but for now my 60D does exactly what I need it to.
2. Canon 18-200mm, 3.5-5.6 - This is the kit lens that came with my camera. It is a great beginner lens. It has such amazing range and is a perfect walk around or vacation lens. I don't use this lens too often in my session work, but I love it for my personal photography.
3. Canon 50mm, 1.4 - This is such an amazing lens at an even more amazing price point! I love the sharpness and the awesome bokeh you get in your images. You have to do a little more walking around, but it is so worth it. I can't wait to add another prime to my arsenal!
4. Canon 70-200mm, 2.8 IS - This is my is my first L lens and it is my baby. I use it in all of my sessions. I can't say enough about this lens. It is a beast to carry around for long periods of time, but that's what Motrin is for. The difference between this lens and the kit lens is literally unbelievable. You get what you pay for and this lens is no exception.
5. Think Tank Pixel Pocket - This little guy is perfect for holding all of my SD cards in one safe place. It also has a spot for me to store my business cards!
6. ExpoDisc - This helps me nail my white balance every time (in camera). It is a huge timesaver because you don't have to fix white balance in post processing. I love this so much more than carrying around a gray card!
7. Canon Speedlite 430EX II - I rarely need to use an external flash, but when I do, this does the trick. It has great bounce and is perfect for indoor event photography.
8. Giottos Rocket Blower and Brush - This is a must for cleaning your lenses!
9. My Funky Camera Strap - I love camera straps and wristlets! They are fun accessories for your camera and I can never have enough. I always keep a wristlet in my bag as well (not pictured).
10. Kelly Moore Libby Bag - This is the most amazing camera bag! I had two other bags before this and they just weren't the quality I was expecting to protect my equipment. This bag is so well made and looks amazing and fits my style perfectly. I frequently have my macbook and/or iPad in this bag as well. This bag holds everything! I will definitely be buying another Kelly Moore Bag in the future.
What's inside your camera bag?